At AT&T we’re redefining the future of connectivity. At our core is a passion to serve our customers with products and services that create connections, improve lives and allow millions to share the stories and experiences that matter. Our Corporate teams are fueled by innovation and a desire to connect the world in meaningful ways. Join our team and bring your bold ideas, supporting and transforming our business across areas like marketing, finance and more.
Work in AT&T’s dynamic tax accounting team using your background, experience, education and corporate knowledge to properly record, report and manage corporate income taxes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monthly provision entries, quarterly reporting and account reconciliations.
- Perform analysis and research for complex income tax accounting projects including purchase accounting, determination of book and tax basis, calculation of deferred taxes and valuation allowances and utilization of tax attributes, requiring an understanding of both generally accepted accounting principles as well as tax law.
- Preparation of financial statement disclosures in accordance with company policy and SOX controls.
- Meet the company’s requirement to accurately reflect monthly, quarterly and annual tax accounting results including general ledger, SOX and management reporting. It is also required that the selected candidate will meet external reporting requirements for financial statement auditors.
- 3-5 years relevant experience including, but not limited to having a solid understanding of changes in tax laws, rates and methods
- Experience analyzing and disclosing Uncertainty in Income Taxes (“FIN 48”)
- Advanced ASC 740 – Current Tax Expense; Deferred Tax Expense; Rate Reconciliation; Tax Accounts; etc.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel (i.e. Vlookup functions, advanced formulas, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Experience with OneSource, CorpTax or other Tax Provision software preferred
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Our Lead Tax Accountant Managers earn between $94,300 - $141,500 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2312221 Date posted 04/20/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events