Overall Purpose: Calculation, management and filing of the federal and state fixed asset results for all domestic and foreign entities within the AT&T consolidated group. Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of existing and upcoming tax legislation (federal, state, local and foreign) to identify opportunities to minimize the organizations legal tax liabilities and to account for those tax liabilities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- In-depth data analysis and investigation of all fixed asset related accounts and transactions to ensure proper income tax treatment.
- Responsible for the filing of the federal and state fixed asset results for all AT&T domestic and foreign entities including period over period variance analysis.
- Responsible for cash tax forecasting and modeling the impacts of upcoming tax legislation.
- Partner with Research and Planning to identify, facilitate and incorporate tax planning, mergers, divestitures and acquisitions impacts into cash tax forecasts.
- Liaise with Research and Planning, Tax Accounting and Income Tax compliance to ensure tax planning opportunities and transactions are reported accurately in the federal and state tax returns and estimated payments.
- Identify and implement continual process improvements, through technology or simplification of current workflows
Job Contribution: Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
Education: Typically a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8 or more years experience.
Our Lead Tax Accountant earn between $84,900 - $141,500. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement · Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Partner strategically across teams
- Advanced Excel, Powertax Fixed Asset Software and an understanding of database management
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Office (In office 3 or more days per week including every Tuesday and Thursday).
Note: Additional skills / competencies may be added to this specific requisition. During the application process, you will be asked to provide your proficiency and experience with all the skills / competencies associated with the requisition.
Job ID 2329136 Date posted 09/08/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events