The Product Development team at AT&T is a community of product leaders, developers, designers, and architects building new software-defined products, services, and platforms. We work at the speed of technology inside AT&T by combining the best elements of startups (scrappiness, speed, and customer focus) with the assets and benefits of the larger corporation.
Our goal is to deliver product-led growth at massive scale – new product offerings that will stand alongside or on top of the converged AT&T 5G and fiber network.
Our approach is simple. We work backwards from customers, both consumers and enterprises, to define and build products and experiences that delight, connect, and deliver lasting value. We then bring forward innovation from the same company that invented the transistor, the solar cell, the communications satellite, and machine learning.
Whether your background is in product management, engineering, design or something else, you’ll enter an internal community of leaders who share a similar entrepreneurial mindset.
About the Job
As a Director of User Research, you will be a highly valuable partner in creating innovative products in a variety of domains. You’ll lead user research programs for the entire lifecycle of a product. With your expertise, you will play a crucial role in informing what we build and design the experiences. We will collaborate with each other within the User Experience team and with Product and Engineering leaders to create value and craft great experiences for our users.
You’ve done this many times before, successfully, and you can’t wait to do it again, this time on one of the world’s greatest communications platforms, with significant freedoms and the ability to make an impact at massive scale.
- Develop research plans based on product / business needs, collect data, host research sessions / workshops.
- Identify and lead research efforts (generative or evaluative) throughout a product lifecycle.
- You relentlessly pursue high-quality insights to inform product and design and contribute to new product ideas.
- You’re a great communicator — articulate and confident. Ability to translate reports in digestible formats and socialize findings into product recommendations.
- Actively identify and track metrics / trends relevant to company and product goals.
Job ID 2228387 Date posted 06/09/2022
- Expertise in both generative and evaluative research methods.
- Experience as a team-builder and servant-leader with a track-record of people management, team development, recruiting and team building successes.
- 8+ years of experience in the research field.
- 8+ years of experience working collaboratively across functions: product, engineering, design, marketing, data science, and sales
- Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, or Human Factors Engineering or equivalent.