Corporate Support Jobs
Welcome to AT&T command central. As part of our Corporate team, you’ll be at the heart of everything we touch – including industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. Partnering up with thought leaders and amazing innovators in business units across the company, you’ll be amazed by what we can do. We’re connecting the world – and it all starts here.
As a Director-Tax you'll ensure that the income tax impacts of AT&T’s foreign operations are reflected appropriately in financial statements, budgets and forecasts.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the forecasting, reporting and analyzing of income taxes generated by AT&T’s foreign operations including:
- Reviews local country tax provisions and provides tax accounting guidance to local country accountants.
- Prepares/Reviews US tax provision related to foreign operations and maintains all supporting documentation.
- Prepares/Reviews external financial statement reporting, and disclosures related to tax impacts of foreign operations.
- Prepares/Reviews US and local country tax impacts of foreign operations for cash and expense budgets and projections.
- Ensure that tax balance sheet accounts related to foreign operations are appropriately supported and reconciled.
- Meets critical quarterly and yearend financial reporting deadlines.
- Ensures that the impacts of changes in tax laws, accounting requirements and legal structure are identified and reported.
- Coordinates with Tax Research and Planning and ExternalTax Policy organizations to quantify impacts of projects and legislative proposals.
- Maintains or develops processes and procedures to ensure that data is gathered and incorporated into tax accounting systems in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Uses professional judgement to interpret and apply technical accounting guidance and income tax laws, identifying issues, proposing practical solutions and recognizing when issues should be communicated to upper management.
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Financial Analysis
- Financial and Accounting Systems
- Financial Reporting
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Organization
- Managing Expenses and Finances
- MS Excel
- Tax Audits
- Tax Operations
- Tax Regulations
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.