Welcome to AT&T command central. As part of our Corporate team, you’ll be at the heart of everything we touch – including industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. Partnering up with thought leaders and amazing innovators in business units across the company, you’ll be amazed by what we can do. We’re connecting the world – and it all starts here.
The Assistant Vice President of Brand Strategy will partner with
and provide counsel to Business Unit leaders and their teams to both develop
and execute “move the needle” brand strategies that support and accelerate
AT&T’s business goals.
AVPs know the brand better than anyone else, lead critical,
priority work streams (primarily on behalf of Marketing and Business Unit
leaders), partner with everyone from Marketing to Emerging Businesses to
Corporate Strategy to technology architects to global segments to Sales/Field
organizations. AVP’s own and are accountable for 3 - 4 major initiatives each
year for the company – but are required to embrace and leverage the ‘influence
model” structure in-place today, forming strong partnerships that advance the
company’s objectives. The AVP is responsible for: serving as a senior-level
advisor during key work streams, managing the various stakeholder interests,
and leading a combined team of internal and external brand strategy experts.
The AVP works seamlessly with key stakeholders, the VP of Brand Strategy and
SVP of Brand to execute the brand strategy (or strategies) across internal and
external touch points (customer experiences); including, but not limited to,
sales, support, retail, customer service, retention & recruiting,
citizenship/CSR/education initiatives, sponsorships, product development, and
marketing communications. Brand Strategy AVPs work tirelessly to develop new
strategic frameworks, case studies and methods for stakeholders to digest (and
fully understand) the business impacts of various brand strategy decisions. The
AVP, Brand Strategy also shares responsible with peers for building, managing
and developing a team of internal experts who serve as the company's brain
trust regarding all brand strategy decisions, topics, and questions.
- Expert level understanding of the relationship between brands and
a wide range of marketing communications and customer touch points
- Expert level skills in brand strategy development: value
proposition, brand architecture, brand portfolio strategy, naming strategy,
insights development (facts-to-findings), etc.
- Expert-level capability to work in a consultative or advisory
capacity at all levels of top-tier organizations
- Ability to assimilate business group strategy and objectives and
develop brand programs that help accelerate business objectives
- Ability to explain complex concepts and research outputs in simple
- Demonstrated strength managing agency partners to deliver
- Fluency in AT&T’s corporate objectives, business objectives,
and product and technology strategies
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse
range of partners – across functions and levels
- Excellent communication skills (written and via tools like
PowerPoint) and the ‘proven’ ability to influence at multiple levels of the
- Ability to shape and harness qualitative and quantitative research
to drive decision-making
- Demonstrated strength managing virtual teams
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-management skills
- A depth of knowledge in and ability to advise on both B2B and B2C
- Ability to teach and mentor more junior colleagues, helping them
learn new skills and methodologies
- Knowledge of both sophisticated management and operational systems
found in larger companies
- Demonstrated ability to both operate and effect significant change
within a matrix environment, where influencing and relationship-building skills
Strategic Leadership and Business Acumen: The AVP must have or
quickly develop a keen understanding of AT&T's business strategies, models
and key products and services - and must quickly contribute valuable customer
insights, competitor intelligence and branding solutions to the discourse.
He/she will do this by:
- Demonstrating a clear passion for technology and media and a
willingness to immerse him/herself fully in the details of the company's
- Accessing existing or developing/commissioning new customer and
competitor research and insight work to quickly gain a deep understanding of
the customer, his/her wants and needs and how AT&T can deliver against
these versus its competitors
- Displaying exceptional collaboration and influencing skills.
The AVP will work closely with the various business unit leaders
& their teams, strategists and marketers, and numerous peers in the Global
Marketing Organization to define and help execute the brand strategy. He/she
will do this in many cases via virtual teams in a highly-matrixed environment.
He/she will succeed by:
- Investing heavily of his/her personal time and energy to build
strong working relationships with numerous people at all levels of the
- Being an exceptionally strong listener
- Bringing to bear outstanding written and verbal communication and
- Bringing to bear the ability to strongly offer a well-structured,
well-supported (with data when possible) and clearly articulated point of view
in the face of strong opposition.
- Demonstrating a high level of tenacity, diligence and patience and
a strong ability to adapt to different styles and ways of working.
- An inspirational leader with a high degree of drive, energy and
- An individual with the intellectual curiosity and horsepower to
quickly grasp complex business models, products/ technologies.
- A natural collaborator. An individual
with the intellectual agility and organizational savvy to solve complex issues
and find win-win solutions when dealing with a number of very demanding
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.