The Assistant Vice President of Brand Design will support the Vice President of Global Brand Design and a world-class marketing
team. They will be an experienced and seasoned creative who will bring fresh and provocative thinking to the design function by
delivering cohesive and memorable design experiences that are human, emotional and ownable.
They will implement the global brand strategy and provide inspirational design leadership across a complex and matrixed
organization. They will be willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work themselves. The individual will lead with a high degree of
drive, energy and intellectual curiosity and will be able to grasp complex business problems and translate them into intuitive design
systems. They will demonstrate a high level of tenacity, diligence and patience and a strong ability to adapt to different styles and
ways of working. They will be comfortable presenting to senior executives and able to get skeptical colleagues to say “yes” by
simply explaining how they arrived at a design solution and how and why it benefits the business.
They will support the execution and on-going optimization of the entire global brand design identity system for all AT&T brands
including, sponsorship, tradeshows, retail, sonic, photography, advertising, digital and print.
The Assistant Vice President of Brand Design will report to the Vice President of Global Brand Design. The role will be located in
the company’s headquarters in Dallas, TX.
– Be the strategic thought leader for global brand design and infuse storytelling into all communication touchpoints
– Help build and bring to life the global brand design strategy and vision
– Build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners across different functions and levels
– Independently manage multiple large-scale projects under tight timelines with the ability to adapt to change when needed
– Design, develop and implement robust brand guidelines that inspire and maintain global consistency
– Write thorough and strategic brand design briefs that clearly articulate the deliverables and scope of a project
– Inspire, teach and mentor junior colleagues helping them learn new skills and methodologies
– Guide and manage external agency partners to create break-through and award-winning work
– Art direct and lead complex photoshoots that are informed by photo principles
– Help develop and deploy internal design training modules to ensure right learning is in place for marketers and cross-functional teams
– Develop competitive design audits that will be used to inform and educate the brand team
– Partner with Consumer Insights Team to asses ways of measuring the ROI of design
– Apply design thinking methodologies to business and brand design initiatives
Job ID 2130666 Date posted 07/28/2021