At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
AT&T Digital Strategic Platforms team is looking for an Associate Director who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As an Associate Director for Infrastructure teams, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of various infrastructure initiatives in datacenter and cloud for AT&T’s customer and employee digital experience channels. You will lead the teams helping AT&T transform and migrate our existing consumer technology platform to a modernized, cloud-native platform hosted in a hybrid/multi-cloud environment. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Lead the strategic alignment of infrastructure roadmaps to application and enterprise strategies
• Drive comprehensive application assessments to determine appropriate cloud migration strategies
• Contribute to design and implementation of cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized
• Design and develop solutions for cloud migrations and transformation tools
• Automation of cloud-based infrastructure deployments and maintenance
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
• Build, release, manage and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved. Focus on scalability, security and availability of all infrastructure and processes.
• Identifying and addressing infrastructure deficiencies, availability gaps, and performance bottlenecks
• Serve as escalation for T3 cloud infrastructure support
• Collaborate with peer organizations, product delivery teams, and support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
• Supervise a team of 10 or more employees along with contractors
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in working in Infrastructure Engineering or Development roles
• 5+ years of experience working core cloud technologies
• 4+ years in depth experience with Azure core cloud technologies in a high traffic production setting
• 3+ years of experience in application migrations to cloud using native patterns
• Recognized cloud certification(s) such as Microsoft Azure Architect or other recognized technology certifications in this space
• 4+ years of in-depth experience in core Azure cloud technologies such as: Virtual Machines, ALB/ELB, Cosmos/SQL/MySQL Database, Azure Storage Service, Azure Functions, API Gateway, CDN, Queue Service Bus, Azure Monitor, Cache for Redis, Docker, and AKS
• 3+ years of experience building cloud automation/orchestration solutions with technologies such as: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, other
• 2+ years designing / implementing highly available cloud/Hybrid Cloud network solutions
• 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, other
• Experience with Azure DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Powershell, Azure Cli and ADO templates
• Deep understanding of cloud security experience. Deep understanding of preventative and retrospective controls.
• Deep experience with performance tuning in a cloud environment
• Experience architecting, implementing and managing monitoring solutions for production cloud environments
• Knowledge/Experience with core Azure technologies
• Experience with open-source cloud agnostic technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, Anisible, Terraform
• Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
• Ability to comfortably lead technical demo sessions to peers and leadership
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.