AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Window System Administrator to support the delivery staff by ensuring service levels and objectives are met.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
The Windows System Administrator will be responsible for administrating day-to-day IT systems to include system availability, backup/restore, configuration changes, maintaining and patching both physical and virtual.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Performs system backups and recovery, possibly using non-standard tools and methods. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for Devop environments. Ability to research and engineer new solutions.
- Provides 2nd and 3rd Tier support, coordinating timely resolution of problems related to computing hardware and software. Involves consulting with clients, hardware and software vendors, application programmers and the networking (WAN/LAN) support groups. Includes direct technical support for all products delivered in this 7x24 hour environment.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to technical hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of testing tools and techniques for desktop, servers, LAN/WAN, voice or video networks.
- Performs capacity planning, system administration, system tuning, problem analysis and hardware/software upgrades.
- Develops administrative policies, documentation and procedures to ensure that assets are properly maintained and operated.
- May install and configure workstations, servers, printers, and data, voice or video network components.
- Performs testing and establishes system acceptance criteria on current and new hardware and software.
- Develops local administrative policies and procedures to ensure database and system integrity.
- Conducts meetings with the clients and other support groups to establish critical dates and LAN and client/server requirements, determines training needs and develops system administration guidelines tailored to the work environment.
- Coordinates the delivery and staging of client/server hardware and software including Ethernet wiring for the workstation and file server platforms.
- Configures and builds the server hardware and network interfaces to meet client and vendor technical specifications.
- Completes documentation needed for inventory and installation planning. Builds client profiles and system configurations for software distribution equipment.
Required Clearance: Able to obtain a TS/SCI with polygraph. (#clearable)
Required Qualifications: Five (5) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of SA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- MUST HAVE 8570 Certification to start.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2133867 Date posted 06/11/2021