RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a VDI Administrator to provide direct support to current contracts and business development activities throughout ATT Government Solutions.
The individual must be able to establish process and procedures developed for Operations and Maintenance activities. The position will require the ability work between network administrator and general systems administration to analyze and address solutions to contract needs within design specifications; work independently and in team oriented environments for integration and hardware implementations.
The candidate must be a US Citizen and be clearable to the TS/SCI (with polygraph) level
- Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and ten (10) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience:
- The ideal candidate will support a growing diverse set of Information Technology programs/projects
- Areas of emphasis will include: execution of application and hardware installations onto multiple platforms (Legacy Iron/New Converged)
- Support of specialized systems for: personal computers (thick, thin, zero), servers, electronic mail, internet resources, a mixed set of local area networks (LANs), and standard/non-standard software products
- The administration role will interact with both technical and non-technical individuals/groups to resolve problems, as needed to support virtual applications bubble and streaming, and will be required to maintain awareness of state-of-the-art office automation technology.
- The ideal candidate will possess some of the critical skills that support integration of software services
- General tasks for daily operational control of active support systems primarily in virtualized environments
- Needs of the business pertain understanding technologies in JAVA, HTML (HTLM5), JSP, Linux and Windows
- Virtualization technologies to include but not limited to: OpenStack, VMWare 6x suite for systems administration
- Networking Administration on Cisco Series switches/Cores and ASA appliances
- Brocade and Juniper is also desired
- A clear understanding and ability to provide support in the following areas: Network virtualization technologies, including Type 1 and Type 2 hypervisors; networked storage technologies, operations within VMware, Citrix and HyperV for the service and delivery of VDI environments
- BS/BA degree is desirable – in CS/CMIS
- Windows 2008R2/2012/2016
- Red Hat Linux 7+
- NetApp Storage
- Raid Technology Background
- Documentation experience
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.