Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems Provides the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance
- Conducts capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations
- Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities and programming techniques and controls
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups, and monitors systems security
- Supervises technical staff; develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization
- Performs multiple tasks concurrently and responds to emergency situation effectively
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Minimum six years of system administrator experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.