AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The Army/DISA division is focused on our customers by providing them with world class wireline and wireless telecommunications products, services and capabilities that enable or enhance their ability to perform their mission in operational environments world-wide.
The National Telecommunication and Information Agency (NTIA) is funding the establishment of Federated Lab framework for the purpose of accelerating the development, deployment, and adoption of open and interoperable radio access networks (O-RAN).
- Systems Administrators supporting the 5G Radio Access Lab
- Responsible for the lab/testbed application infrastructure environment to include servers, switches, networking devices and associated ancillary hardware
- Provide technical oversight of these system test resources and will assist OEM software vendors with their installation and configuration of application software.
- Ensures system configurations are compliant with security requirements as identified by the program cybersecurity subject matter experts.
Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or information technology related field from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of relevant Information Technology and Networking experience.
- Should have a background and understanding of information security requirements, standards, and best practices for security patch management, and working knowledge of network architectures and current networking technologies.
- Must be able to process and analyze information and trouble calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations, provide, and implement solutions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks.
- Strong writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL. Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
RHEL and experience with containers (Kubernetes), VMWARE Certified Data Center Virtualization Professional, and Security+.Higher level security certifications (e.g. CISA, CISSP, etc.) are acceptable substitutes for Security + but are not required for these positions.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our System Administrator’s earn between $89,200 - $148,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2322537 Date posted 07/07/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events