Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our Emerging Technology, Operations, and Development team within Shared Services is responsible for adapting AT&T commercial market innovations in cybersecurity, IoT, cloud, mobility, and unified communications for Public Sector customers.
AT&T has an opening for a Software Developer to build and support features for a managed cybersecurity service which provides an intrusion detection capability to Federal Government customers.
- Lead full-stack software development for several web applications which support provisioning, reporting and alerting, and threat intelligence management functions.
- Participate in full life cycle of agile software development including requirements, design, development, test, deployment, and operational sustainment
- Support CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment) practices and tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD)
- Identification and resolution of application security vulnerabilities using tools such as HP Fortify
- Drive evolution of technology and tools used within the service to increase capabilities, improve security posture, and reduce operational support
- Investigate and resolve production issues as needed
US Citizen with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance (#none)
- At least 3 years of experience designing, building and supporting Enterprise web applications
- Strong programming ability with Java experience
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, including deployment, administration, and troubleshooting
- Proficiency working in Linux environment including shell scripts
- Experience working with relational DBs – schema design, building and optimizing queries, administration
- Basic understanding of networking and security concepts
- Ability to integrate a wide range of tools including COTS, GOTS, open source, and custom-developed software to address customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with Java frameworks and interfaces - JavaServer Faces (JSF), ICEFaces, Java Persistence API (JPA), Log4J, Quartz Enterprise Job Scheduler
- Experience with HP Fortify Application Security platform
- Deep understanding of SMTP protocol and email tools such as PostFix and MIMEDefang
- Experience with automation tools e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with business intelligence tools e.g. Splunk, ELK, JasperReports
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.