AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security team supports our Federal Government by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of national security operations.
AT&T has an opening for Network Engineer to implement and maintain our customized network solution in support of the federal government.
This is a hands-on opportunity for a motivated individual who enjoys designing specialized solutions for Government customers. This position will involve network projects starting from design through to deployment and operations. This position will provide critical support in the areas of network design, configuration, and deployment assistance. The engineer will design, optimize and document network topology and site configurations on classified and unclassified systems. This position will also provide Tier 2 through 4 support to the operations staff. The engineer will work as part of a system design team to research emerging technologies and implement new solutions.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Minimum Ten (10) years experience in government solutions network engineering, concept development and systems architecture definition.
- Hands-on configuration and real world experience with enterprise class routers and switch product lines including Cisco and Juniper.
- Crypto equipment configuration expertise and troubleshooting skills (TACLANE/KG-175, KG142s etc).
- Experience and expertise with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IBGP.
- Including QOS configurations and IP load balancing solutions.
- Familiarity classified network security requirements.
- VPN configuration is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting the following technologies: 10G, 100GE, VXLAN, EPLS, OTN.
- Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning.
- In depth knowledge of MPLS, VRF, VPN, QOS a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Excellent organization skills to support work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, including ability to effectively perform tasks under pressure.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or equivalent experience. DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required.
Desired Certifications and Training: Vendor certifications are a plus (ie CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JCNIA, JNCIS, JNCIE, etc)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Senior-Network Design Engineer earns between 89,200 - 193,265 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2225990 Date posted 05/13/2022