Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The team operates and maintains the Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Executive Branch Civilian Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for Two (2) Project Managers to support the DHS, in providing Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies.
- Expertise in project management disciplines, methodologies and industry best practices required, using one or all the following: Agile, Scrum, Iterative, and/or CMMI, et al.
- Strong relationship management and skills to work at all levels of an organization, ability to influence Senior Level Leadership, Client Executives, Project Teams, customers (internal and external) and promote successful project activity.
- Experience managing projects in matrix organization with diverse team members including internal and external personnel, consultants, and global resources
- Ability to collaborate with suppliers to drive program success, manage project issues, risks and develop mitigation plans
- Adept at anticipating and meeting the expectations associated with managing multiple priorities, expectations, programs, relationships
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation, and/or works in teams (government civilians, and/or other contractor personnel) to execute/complete projects. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services
- Defines project scope and objectives, develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommends and acts to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Experience in initiating project reviews, aggregating and coordinating project reporting information into a program level communication/ report suitable for the Director of the Program Office and other Senior Executive’s consumption and decision-making purposes is required
- Demonstrable experience managing projects throughout a full lifecycle (from Inception Deployment and Maintenance). Strong organizational skills, ability to learn on the job, and possess a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Experience in negotiating project scope, further demonstrating success executing formal estimation techniques and/or metrics collection for reporting
- Tools Experience: Project monitoring, Requirements management, Issue tracking, Online collaboration tools, Change Management, Microsoft Project (MPP), Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and Power Point
DHS TS/SCI (#TopSecret)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of applicable PM experience as a PM in progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems
- Industry certifications such as PMI-ACP or other Agile Certification, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, PMI-PMP
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience
- Meets or exceeds DOD 8570 requirements for IAM-I (i.e. Security+, CASP)
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.