Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations. AT&T has an opening for a Network Security Architect/Engineer at Ft. Meade, MD.
- The candidate will be a member of the Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) Team on the DISA GSM-O program in support of DISA Task Order 29. Perform network architecture reviews, and provide recommendations on network security strategy, and network instrumentation to support defensive cyber operations
- The employee might travel 10% of the time
- Conduct interviews with customers to identify and make recommendations for security tools and capabilities to meet customer security requirements
- Research and Develop Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) security data strategies to include boundary and endpoint specific to CSSP service portfolio.
- Manage the process to request, track, and validate CSSP data requirements across multiple Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Engineer and provide the customer, vendor and Mission owner-specific cloud and endpoint security data acquisition strategies
- Act as primary CSSP-driven liaison between the program and Data Brokering, concerning the continual refinement of cloud and endpoint data ingest
- Continually adjust CSSP cloud and endpoint data defined in DCO Data Action Plan, based on measurement of effectiveness
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required
- Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment
- Engage with customers and the DISA team of stakeholders to continually assess and verify sensor service issues
- Function as network security design and architecture Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of DISA Task Order 29
- Conduct and deliver weekly status updates to customer
Top Secret/SCI security clearance (#topsecret)
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience; additional work experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+, CCNA Security, or equivalent)
- Experience with designing and securing enterprise network environments (traditional and virtual)
- Experience with designing and securing internal and public/private cloud-based environments
- In-depth understanding of network security best practices and methodologies
- Experience in DCO utilizing Sysmon and Windows Event Collection/Forwarding
- Experience w/ DoD and DISA Networks
- Experience with IDS/IPS, FirePOWER, SourceFire, NGIPSv, SNORT, Suricata, Splunk, Palo Alto NGFW, SPAN and TAP
- Experience w/ cloud security strategy
- Knowledge of DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (CC SRG)
- Knowledge of Federal Risk and Management Program (FedRAMP).
- Experience in DCO using Sysmon and Windows Event Collection/Forwarding
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response Solutions, Carbon Black, Tanium, Cisco AMP
- Experience w/ MPLS, VRF, technologies including VPC, VDC
- CISSP/CCSP/CCSK/CCNA/CCNP Certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.