Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Performs maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
* Follow standard operating procedures for the Connectivity Operations Team, including the use of ticketing systems and documentation.
* Support network upgrade projects or initiatives.
* Replace failed networking components as needed.
* Support end-user connectivity needs.
* Support the installation, maintenance, operation, and security of the LAN infrastructure and network devices.
* Manage access to network segments and resources in compliance with network access policies.
* Update and refresh hardware, operating systems, and software to provide needed functionality and security.
* Abide by change and configuration management standards.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Two (2) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree. Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus. Experience supporting WAN technologies such as SONET (OC3, OC48, OC192), DS3, T1, etc. Experience with Taclanes/KG-175, etc. Experience with MPLS, BGP, VPNs, etc. CompTIA Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.