RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer – To perform services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex inter-network issues.
- Maintaining data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
- Investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance;
- Researches, analyzes, isolates and resolving errors;
- Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
- Answers technical questions; recommends and Implementing approved course of action.
- Installing network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolving problems.
- Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Preparing data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performing data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Serves as a role model to less experienced personnel.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Required Clearance: Candidate must be clearable.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.