AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer to perform maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Follow standard operating procedures for the Connectivity Operations Team, including the use of ticketing systems and documentation.
- Support network upgrade projects or initiatives.
- Replace failed networking components as needed.
- Support end-user connectivity needs.
- Support the installation, maintenance, operation, and security of the LAN infrastructure and network devices.
- Manage access to network segments and resources in compliance with network access policies.
- Update and refresh hardware, operating systems, and software to provide needed functionality and security.
- Abide by change and configuration management standards.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.