AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer to perform maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
The job duties of the Network Engineer are as follows:
- Follow standard operating procedures for the Connectivity Operations Team, including the use of ticketing systems and documentation.
- Support network upgrade projects or initiatives.
- Replace failed networking components as needed.
- Support end-user connectivity needs.
- Support the installation, maintenance, operation, and security of the LAN infrastructure and network devices.
- Manage access to network segments and resources in compliance with network access policies.
- Update and refresh hardware, operating systems, and software to provide needed functionality and security.
- Abide by change and configuration management standards.
Required Clearance: Clearable. Able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. (#clearable) (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Four (4) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
- Experience supporting WAN technologies such as SONET (OC3, OC48, OC192), DS3, T1, etc.
- Experience with Taclanes/KG-175, etc.
- Experience with MPLS, BGP, VPNs, etc.
- CompTIA Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2238719 Date posted 08/09/2022