RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has a need for a Network Engineer - To support customer LAN/WAN and CAN infrastructure.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues
- Maintain data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems
- Assess and update older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans
- Provide escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks
- Answer technical questions; recommend and Implement approved course of action
- Install network applications on network servers or voice equipment
- Maintain, test, research and resolve problems
- May design, implement or maintain various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements
- May prepare data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks
- Perform data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of McAfee version 7 & 8 Sidewinder Firewalls
- Understand the operation of network protocols and Firewall packet and proxy filters
- May be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of our customer’s next generation firewall solution
Required Qualifications: Four (4) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.