Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer – To perform network engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex inter-network issues.
- Performs network engineering services to enable LAN and CAN aspects of a large enterprise network
- Matches customer requirements to standard architecture designs and works directly with the service delivery group to implement networking upgrades
- Provides Tier-3 support including but not limited to corrective actions, equipment refresh support, modernization efforts, and new network turn ups
- Uses networking knowledge to ensure network capacity and availability SLAs are achieved. Interacts with multiple groups such as operations, installation, security, and system engineers to meet contract requirements and SLAs.
- Day to day activities may include designing, documenting, configuring and troubleshooting network architectures to include: VLANs, OSPF areas, Core, Distribution and Access architecture layers, connectivity to datacenters and end users
- Hands on knowledge of VOIP, QOS, OSPF, multicast, VPNs, Firewalls and Ethernet required
- Uses network management tools such as MFNA, Solarwinds and Gemx to analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoot problems and recommends corrective action.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Required clearance: Candidate must have a TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.