Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The team operates and maintains the Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Executive Branch Civilian Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for one (1) Network Engineer to support the DHS, in providing Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies. Specifically, we are looking for Network engineers with Juniper and Cisco network operating systems skills. The successful candidate should have experience with dynamic routing protocols, route policies, infrastructure hardening, Spanning-tree, Vlans, and IPSEC are all a plus. Additionally, experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls is also a plus.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (use short bullets):
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solutioning of advanced system requirements and problems
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects
- Coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Consults on technical implications to other organizations
- Leads lower level employees
DHS TS/SCI (#TopSecret)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of applicable progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems
- Juniper and Cisco network operating systems skills
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience
- Experience with dynamic routing protocols, route policies, infrastructure hardening, Spanning-tree, Vlans, and IPSEC are a plus
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls is a plus
- JNCIA, JNCIP,JNCIE, CCNA,CCNP, CCIE or similar industry certifications
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.