Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
troubleshooting linux operating system and hardware failures, monitoring servers for health and status.
Candidate should be proficient in the following:
- DNS, NFS, yum, LVM, rsyslog, VMware, Centrify, SAN configuration on physical server, networking, Big Brother/Xymon, Puppet, clustering, shell and Python scripting.
- Understanding of AWS and cloud computing is a plus.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- DoD 8570 Certification with IAT Level 1
TS/SCI with Poly
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.