AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Lead Data Analyst who will understand IT service related data on a large IT service contract, turn raw data into information, information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom for meaningful business decisions. Uses enterprise management and reporting tools to identify service performance, performance trends and discover opportunities for improvements in IT service processes and workflow.
The job duties of the Lead Data Analyst are as follows:
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the data that drives IT services.
- Creating and maintaining views into data sets to provide visualization of data analysis.
- Working with engineering on technical solution benchmarking to identify opportunities for solution improvement.
- Working with operational and engineering organizations to identify Continual Service Improvement (CSI) enhancements.
- Preparing daily/period reports and dashboards to communicate outcomes of data analyst activities.
- Integrate, configure, apply and troubleshoot methods and software that mine and analyze data.
- Configure and use data analytic methods, software and tools such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Solarwinds to capture, process, organize and analyze data.
- Organize data into views, visualizations and formats consumed by Service Operations and/or Service Engineering teams to understand health and status of IT services and to develop ideas on how to improve services.
- Perform root cause analysis and performance trending to develop process changes and to assess the effectiveness of current IT service delivery processes.
- Offer recommendations based on data analytics to improve efficiency, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and to get Services to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Prepare communications, study results, briefings to peer Service Delivery teams on data analysis results and recommendations.
- Work with vendors to understand functional and security capabilities of vendor products and solutions intended to collect or analyze data.
Measure, support and improve IT services and the processes used to deliver those IT services to meet or exceed established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Under this effort the selected candidate will manage a group of first and second level managers and other front-line staff to:
- Collect and analyze IT service performance metrics.
- Measure and report performance against SLAs.
- Determine the desired levels of quality in services (quality assurance and control).
- Determine and implement ways to verify whether services meet SLAs and customer expectations.
- Train and provide associated training material to client staff for IT components or services introduced into the enterprise IT infrastructure.
Gather, investigate and represent business related data and elicit useful metrics from large amount of information, ask relevant questions to filter information, analyze the resulting data efficiently, use structural analysis to segregate data and make use of different data presentation techniques to deliver the data in the adequate format. Under this effort the selected candidate will manage a group of first and second level managers and other front-line staff to:
- Conduct preliminary data analysis to assess the nature of data.
- Conduct further analysis to extract meaningful data.
- Perform data mining and use querying languages and/or tools.
- Determine data configurations and patterns.
- Represent data through graphs, charts and other representational techniques.
- Make data projections and advice the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct further analysis to support analysis.
- Present you finding through meetings, presentations, workshops and seminars.
- Prepare final reports based on analysis.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Shall have fifteen (15) years that can be a combination of experience as a data analyst and/or education. A master’s degree is equivalent to 6 years of experience, a bachelor’s degree is equivalent to 4 years of experience and an associate’s degree is equivalent to 2 years of experience. The degree must be in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing are needed. Should be capable of setting priorities and moving several tasks forward simultaneously.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2246070 Date posted 10/12/2022