RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an IT Telephony Infrastructure Engineer - To provide the planning, design, acquisition, implementation and Tier 3 support of VOIP based communications systems.
- Meets with customer to develop voice system enhancement requirements.
- Engineers voice solutions for small, medium and large campus voice environments.
- Performs engineering studies to determine short and long-range engineering plans and designs of telecommunication systems.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test various types of voice communications related devices and systems including Cisco call manager voice gateway.
- Supports one or more of the following: network components of VOIP infrastructure, voice mail, e911, cellular and phone systems and other telecom systems as necessary.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. latency, jitter, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of voice system and network.
- Coordinates with network engineering team Drafts technical requirements and planning documentation.
- Assesses vendor patches and new feature rollouts and develops test cases to be used in integration testing.
- Helps develop installation and maintenance job guides for the technician workforce.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TSSCI Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.