AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an IT Field Support Specialist to support our end-user community by providing Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
The job duties of the IT Field Support Specialist are as follows:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops hardware installation schedules.
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems.
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and four (4) years of experience AND 8570 Certification (Preferred Security +).
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be eligible to drive a company car.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our IT Field Support Specialist (HT1) earns between 49,900 - 61,700 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2309809 Date posted 03/14/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone