RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for IT Field Support Specialists - To support our end-user community. The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops hardware installation schedules.
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed
- Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and four (4) years of experience.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.