Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The AT&T Chief Security Office (CSO) establishes policy and requirements, as well as comprehensive programs, to ensure security is incorporated into every facet of AT&T's computing and networking environments. Our technical personnel work in partnership with other AT&T Business Units and Divisions to evaluate threats, determine protective measures, create response capabilities, and ensure compliance with best security practices.
AT&T is seeking individuals interested in joining AT&T on a project to build, deploy and expand the AT&T Threat Analytics platform. The candidate will work in a collaborative manner with other security engineers, developers and architects to build and maintain software, tools and network systems across the analytics platform. The developer will require knowledge in some of the newest areas of security including Big Data environments, Mobility, and Cloud virtualization technologies. The candidate will utilize software development skills to build, update and deploy critical threat analytics toolsets, algorithms and platforms to enhance security visibility, controls and analytics systems. Candidate will also utilize network expertise to manage, design, build and test physical and virtual networks in support of testing and performance practices.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI (#none) Clearance
- BS in related fields or equivalent experience. Examples: networking, software development, Network Security, security technologies and at least 1 to 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Functional experience with Git .
- Technical knowledge and experience as a user of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to install, update and modify packages in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of software security testing principles, practices, and tools
- Functional knowledge of database structure and SQL .
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate on complex problems.
- Must be able to work both independently as well as effectively work in teams of individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated ability to present material to senior officials and large groups.
- Highly self-motivated requiring little direction.
- Demonstrates creative/out-of-the-box thinking and good problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong ethical behavior.
- Understanding of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocols, security mechanisms and how they operate.
- Experience deploying complex network solutions end to end
- Experience conducting and/or evaluating vulnerability assessments in a complex environment.
- Experience administering various Linux flavors. Able to install, configure, add users, change permissions, add/remove packages.
- Experience deploying, maintaining and configuring security appliances and technologies. Example vendors: Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Cisco, F5, Check Point.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking.
- Background in automation technologies surrounding cloud and virtualization platforms: VMWare ESXi, OpenStack, ONAP, ECOMP, Netconf.
- Experience in cloud and virtualization technologies to include public cloud, hypervisors, virtual machines, microservices, Kubernetes, Docker and virtual networking.
- Experience deploying and/or configuring routers, switches and applicable network equipment.
- Experience/Understanding with security technologies to include: Firewall, Intrusion detection/prevention, Proxies, SD-WAN, L7 inspection aka. App Decode and payload scanning, Antivirus, URL Filtering etc.
- Knowledge of network design tools and creation of diagrams, documents, requirements documents and white papers.
- Security: CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP, CCSP .
- Network: CompTIA IT Fundamentals/A+/Network+/Linux+/Server+/Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIE-ENT .
- Cloud: VMware VCP-DCV, AWS CSAA/CSAP, Google GCA, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE .
- Security vendor certifications: Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco, Symantec, McAfee, Check Point .
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.