AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports our Nation’s Intelligence Community (IC), providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of IC operations.
AT&T has an opening for a highly motivated Installer to support the Gov customers and AT&T Core organizations in providing installation and test & turn-up support across the region.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complex design, development, and engineering activities on new and existing switch equipment, technologies, and tools.
- Performs tests, simulations, and analyses, and recommends design improvements and changes.
- Researches, evaluates, and applies new development methods.
- Operates under minimal supervision.
- Technical professional with some experience. Sound technical knowledge growing through application, expanding knowledge of ATT technologies.
- Education: Typically, a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent related network experience; additional technical training and/or related certifications desired.
- Typically, 3-5 years of network related technical experience preferred.
- Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- Implements the Sr. Architect/Architect plan during the Installation process and manages all aspects of the installation of telecommunication and IT equipment.
- Responsible for all phases of the installation process which will include but not limited to system engineering support, design, staging, pre installation, pre and post documentation and the overall installation phases.
- including quality assurance and customer acceptance.
- Must be current with all industry standards to include: fiber optic technologies, cabling, power, hardware, all phases of testing and associated test equipment.
- In-depth understanding of how to apply these standards and methodologies to data center type environments (including central offices, customer locations and office areas).
- Most have basic to intermediate knowledge of Data Center operations to include all maintenance routines and monitoring of critical systems (e.g., power, hvac).
- Must be able to read equipment documentation to include: Equipment schematics, Complex wiring diagrams, System level architectural diagrams, Must be able to red line as-built drawing to show the actual installation.
- This position requires travel between four to six times a year, typically for a week at a time.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Must be proficient in the following skills:
- Implement the Sr. Architect/Architect plan during the Installation process.
- Manage all aspects of the installation of telecommunication and IT equipment.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering and architects to ensure the intended product meets actual installed product.
Must have expertise in the following skills:
- Ability to manage all phases of the installation process including:
- Engineering design support, staging and pre-installation.
- Pre and post documentation.
- Quality assurance and customer acceptance.
- Current with all industry standards to include the following:
- Fiber optic technologies.
- All phases of testing and associated test equipment.
Must have knowledge of the following: In-depth understanding of how to apply the above standards and methodologies to data center type environments (including central offices, customer locations and office areas).
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Installer earns $52200 - 88,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2323943 Date posted 07/27/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events