AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
The Defense and National Security (D&NS) segment of AT&T Public Sector & FirstNet is seeking to fill a GOVT TECH SME SFTW DESIGN ENG position. This is a senior level individual contributor position to lead and support our response to the growing demands from D&NS clients for Mobility, including IoT, AI, Machine Learning, and other emerging technologies for their application and use in their Enterprise in support of their Mission.
- Develop and champion a vision for how AT&T can help D&NS clients adopt and/or exploit mobile technology that aligns with their Enterprise or Mission needs;
- Provide and lead the delivery of AT&T mobility expertise for D&NS clients;
- Plan, organize, lead and control projects that result in the selection, acquisition, integration, installation and operation of mobile infrastructure that address D&NS client requirements; When possible, showcase mobile capabilities unique to and/or emerging from AT&T;
- Translate study findings, research, trial results and proofs-of-concept into proposals for solutions;
- Collaborate with D&NS client leadership and subject matter experts to understand their functional and security requirements, past experiences, and capabilities;
- Consult with vendors to understand functional and security capabilities of their products and solutions;
- Produce, review, evaluate whitepapers, and present briefings related to the above activities to senior AT&T and D&NS client decision makers;
- Attend and represent AT&T to D&NS client leadership and vendors regarding D&NS mobility vision, mobility solutions, emerging mobility technologies and evaluations.
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain TS/ SCI with polygraph
- BS in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar).
- 20+ years’ experience in a technical or engineering role that includes at least 10 years designing, implementing, working on telecommunications security and/or information assurance solutions.
- Familiarity with the design and implementation of mobile platforms, mobile technologies and services such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, 3G, 4G and emerging 5G standards.
- Strong knowledge of network architecture and operational support of mobile network components including Packet Core, Provisioning, Billing, OSS systems as well as specific components such as HLR, GGSN, SMSC, and IMS.
- Advanced degrees in relevant engineering disciplines.
- Familiarity with standards bodies such as 3GPP and industry associations such as GSMA.
- Demonstrated experience and participation in evaluating, commenting on, or drafting relevant industry standards along with knowledge of vendor specific implementation or deviations from standards.
- Demonstrated experience and participation in activities to build and operate mobile testbeds and test ranges.
- Knowledgeable on standards and practices involved with roaming between different mobile networks.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2141978 Date posted 07/21/2021