Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our Application Development Team supports our Government and internal clients by, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services related to Internet of Things for the full spectrum of government and military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Software Design Engineer to support clients across Government and Industry by providing Internet of Things (IoT) platform development for Smart Cities, Bases, and Facilities.
- Proven ability to work within an agile and collaborative team environment
- Ability to design, develop, test, and deploy Interface functionality
- Ability to design, develop, test, and deploy Backend functionality
- In depth knowledge and experience in solution architecture
- Ability to develop and support APIs
- Ability to perform IoT Sensor Integration
- In depth knowledge of Wireframing, Prototyping, Development, Testing, and Deployment using DevSecOps best practices
- Ability to work independently, take on commitments, communicate and cooperate to resolve issues and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications are required to interface with industry partners and customers
US Citizenship is required, however ability to be cleared up to the Top Secret level is desirable(#none)
The candidate must have a BS in Computer Science (or a related field) and at least 3 years of software engineering experience focused on web application development or 10+ years of software engineering experience in lieu of BS degree
Required skills include:
- Familiarity with microservices architectures and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Previous experience with IoT sensor technology and protocols is preferred but not required.
Experience and willingness to provide presentations and demonstrations to customers and senior leadership is a plus. Willingness to occasionally travel (Approximately 10%)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.