AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an End-User System Engineer to support end user devices including networks across a large complex program.
The job duties of the End-User System Engineer are as follows:
- Investigates and documents customer technology requirements.
- Assesses the current functionality, business requirements and gaps between baseline and target hardware, software, data, platforms and systems.
- Develops solution architectures for IT related technology support systems.
- Reviews and recommends solution(s) to management based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Adheres to technology architecture guidelines and principles in the design process.
- Selects design tools and technologies for technology architecture.
- Documents problems that occur in the technology architecture design process.
- Analyzes the future state of technology needed to meet customer requirements; summarizes business objectives.
- Follows existing system design processes and standards in the design and development of target architecture.
- Develops roadmaps for target architecture.
- Reports on progress made in developing the target architecture; tackles obstacles encountered throughout the design process.
- Provides routine solutions to issues and recommendations for projects in target architecture development.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Must have 7 years of applicable experience.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- They coordinate with team members – those in project management, security, asset management, customer service or help desk departments – to solve problems and manage projects.
- Conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are crucial to the position as well.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and be eligible to drive a company car.
- Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT, Level 2 (Security +).
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our End-User System Engineer (SE1) earns between 98,100 - 145,400 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2306499 Date posted 02/14/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone