Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an End – User System engineer to support end user devices including networks across a large complex program.
- Manage the requirements and solution architectures for a large enterprise Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into a technical solution consisting of platform, network, software, COTS hardware, through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques. This is a hands-on role that ultimately results in the delivery of large enterprise Information Technology products and services.Investigates and documents customer technology requirements.
- Assesses the current functionality, business requirements and gaps between baseline and target hardware, software, data, platforms and systems.
- Develops solution architectures for IT related technology support systems. Reviews and recommends solution(s) to management based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Adheres to technology architecture guidelines and principles in the design process.
- Selects design tools and technologies for technology architecture.
- Documents problems that occur in the technology architecture design process.
- Analyzes the future state of technology needed to meet customer requirements; summarizes business objectives.
- Follows existing system design processes and standards in the design and development of target architecture.
- Develops roadmaps for target architecture.
- Reports on progress made in developing the target architecture; tackles obstacles encountered throughout the design process.
- Provides routine solutions to issues and recommendations for projects in target architecture development.
TS/SCI with Poly (#polygraph)
- Seven (7) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- They coordinate with team members – those in project management, security, asset management, customer service or help desk departments – to solve problems and manage projects.
- Conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are crucial to the position as well.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.