AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Deputy Service Delivery Manager to support a multi-billion dollar long-term (10 year) program by coordinating with leadership to provide oversight, guidance and direction to a team of staff delivering a full range of IT services – desktop, telephony, network (LAN/CAN), PCS, security – to a large client with thousands of users over a large geographic footprint.
The job duties of the Deputy Service Delivery Manager are as follows:
- Responsibility to coordinate with program leadership to plan, apportion and direct work of employees including interviewing, selecting, training, recommending the setting and adjusting rates of pay and hours of work, coaching and assessing performance, and ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policy.
- Consult and comply with leadership to direct the organization that delivers IT services, and to step into the primary lead Service Delivery Manager role as required.
- Allocating/adjusting resources and responsibilities across the team to ensure a seamless end-user experience, and to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Collaborating and/or directing the collaboration with engineering teams on monitoring and measuring the performance of the IT Service Delivery platform and processes, on troubleshooting and root cause analyses of operational issues, on ways to improve performance, on the deployment of changes to the current platform, and on the evolution of the next-generation platform and processes.
- This position requires a mature understanding of IT Service and Delivery Management principles and a proven track record of applying practical project management techniques.
- This position is accountable for Service Delivery processes to include Incident, Change, Request, and Escalation processes, and subsequent workflow.
- This position shares responsibility with the Service Delivery Manager for a successful execution and evolution of processes to deliver business results and develop team members.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts.sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Must have 5+ years’ management experience in Infrastructure Technology Service Management (ITSM) or equivalent. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a customer-facing/customer-service role. A minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience at general management level (supervisory experience). Strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability and willingness to effectively communicate with all levels of AT&T and Customer management up to and including Executive Leadership Teams.
At least an Associate’s Degree or equivalent is required; CompTIA Security+ Certification, ITIL Certification; Experience with and/or working familiarity with the USG procurement processes; Ten (10) or more years of experience supporting the US Government and/or US Intelligence Community.
Desired Qualifications: Familiarity with Systems Administration tasks, ServiceNow, Service Level Agreements (SLAs); prior experience in hiring and making staffing decisions.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2232067 Date posted 06/23/2022