Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T is embarking on a transformative initiative towards intelligent services by leveraging cloud technologies and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This modern architecture will simplify and scale the AT&T network to help support the continued growth of Internet traffic; enable rapid deployment of advanced cutting-edge features and services; and provide industry leading security, performance, and reliability. This transformation opens up exciting opportunities to design, build, and manage at-scale the next-generation network and systems.
AT&T is seeking a Cybersecurity Development Engineer to join our Public Sector Team to execute on this transformation for our US Government customers. Consisting of over 4,000 dedicated personnel, AT&T Business - Public Sector is responsible for over $98 billion in U.S. Government network infrastructure that delivers the world’s most sophisticated communications network. We work every day to ensure secure and reliable telecommunications— and we want you on our team so that never changes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Cybersecurity Development Engineer you will work within a technical team to discover security threats and to prototype vulnerabilities and defenses for next-generation mobile networks and communications networks involving cloud, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This position includes interaction with cross-functional peers in AT&T, vendors, and clients.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Requires at least 8 years with BS/BA or 6 years with MS/MA or 3 years with PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field from an accredited university
- Be able to perform development in one or more of the following key areas:
- Network functions virtualization
- Software-defined networks
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Systems reverse engineering and exploitation
- Network protocol analysis and reverse engineering
- Experience in the research, development, build, and demonstration of proof-of-concept systems and/or trials
- Software development experience using Python or Java is desired, with preference for candidates with additional language skills such as C, C++, and Assembly
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment
- Desire to learn and to solve challenging problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience as principal investigator or key personnel on development programs for DoD and IC customers
- Familiarity with existing tools for configuration management, continuous integration, resource management, and large-scale software infrastructure, such as: Git/Gitlab and Docker
Must have a TS/SCI and willing to obtain full-scope (e.g. with polygraph) (#topsecret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.