Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
- Evaluate technology vertical markets within telecommunications, network operations, data centers, cyber security, testing and certification, base telecommunications infrastructure, cloud, unified communications, and mobility / wireless.
- Develop, with our marketing department and Business Development (BD) Leadership, a campaign that could include: Government publications and periodicals, advertising; and conferences ensuring that we have aligned messages addressing customer requirements and initiatives.
- Lead opportunity reviews and decision gates that consist of:
- opportunity development
- bid/no bid.
- Qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships, and incumbents.
- Build relationships with customer leadership to ensure awareness of AT&T capabilities and initiatives while making sure that we have alignment at the senior levels within the customer and AT&T.
- Meet with key industry partners building senior level relationships that can be used to target new business.
- Identify opportunities and make assessment of same.
- Position AT&T capabilities with new prospective customers through frequent customer meetings and targeted messaging.
- Collaborate with program partners and internal AT&T Client Executives to ensure success.
- Keep senior leadership of AT&T appropriately informed and engaged as opportunities move through the selling and approval cycle
- Knowledge of Army IT / Network related contracts and contracting processes; functional and organizational knowledge of the IT / Network efforts within the customer.Strong interpersonal, communications, and writing skills are required as is demonstrated leadership skills.
- Understanding of sales and business development process.
Must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance
- BS in Technical discipline (Computer, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or similar field.)
- Computer Skills at an advanced level; ability to use CRM Tools.
- Past operations experience within the customer; held a senior government position.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.