The candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, capturing, and winning new business in the National Security Segment (NSS) focused on organizational departments within the Intelligence Community (IC). Target clients are located in Washington Metro Area (Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Central Maryland).
The candidate will work collaboratively with line management, capture, proposal managers, subject matter experts, contracts, procurement, and pricing personnel. The ideal candidate may serve in both Business Development and should have a strong understanding of the IC market and infrastructure Information Technology (IT) solutions.
The position will responsible for:
1) Developing an assessment of the budget, spending, and procurements associated within the IC;
2) Evaluate technology vertical markets within telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions; 3) Build relationships with IC and target client’s leadership to ensure awareness of AT&T capabilities and initiatives while making sure that we have alignment at the senior levels.
Lead opportunity reviews and decision gates that consist of:
3) opportunity development
4) bid/no bid.
The candidate will identify prospective IC opportunities using relationships with existing AT&T customers, market assessment, industry sources, partners, and customers. The candidate will qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships, and incumbents while positioning with the customer, assembling a winning approach and team, identifying customer hot buttons, defining the elements to win, and identifying key personnel. The position will keep senior leadership of NSS appropriately informed and engaged as opportunities move through the selling and approval cycle. Manage sales pipeline and reporting through sales reporting and tracking tool, forecast monthly sales, report monthly sales results and proof of sales through sales reporting tools
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
1) BS or BA Degree;
2) Knowledge of IC and target customer’s organizational structure and it’s leadership;
3) IC contracts and contracting processes;
4) Functional and organizational knowledge of key IC organizations;
5) 10 -15 years experience working within the IC as a Government employee or industry partner;
6) Strong inter-personnel communications,
7) writing skills
8) Technology proficiency in telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI security clearance (polygraph preferred)
1) Understanding of sales and business development process;
2) Past programmatic experience;
3) Computer Skills (including PowerPoint, SharePoint) at an advanced level;
4) Ability to use CRM Tools;
5) Past military service or IC career a plus.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V