AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Video System Engineer to provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with VTC, IPTV, and AVMM services.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Performs site surveys, generates Bill of Materials, leads integration, testing, and installations of new facilities (conference rooms, etc.).
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirement; nonrecurring and special reports; developing and implementing metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail in assigned duties.
- Perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments.
- Audiovisual multi-media (AVMM) systems.
- Video teleconferencing systems.
- Audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs).
- TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards.
- Working knowledge of SIP, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT level 2 certification requirements.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2212904 Date posted 02/25/2022