AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for IT Field Support Specialists to support our end-user community by providing Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements.
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops hardware installation schedules.
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems.
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed.
Required Clearance: Clearable
Required Qualifications: Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and four (4) years of experience AND 8570 Certification. Preferred Security +
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2131959 Date posted 06/01/2021