Our Air, Space, & Strategic Defense Division supports the warfighter by offering Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Logistics, Network, IoT, and other advanced capabilities to the US Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC).
AT&T has an opening for a Defensive Cyber Operations Specialist at Schriever AFB to support the US Space Force in providing consolidated defensive cybersecurity and intelligence.
This position is for a Certified DCO Specialist to support the United States Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC) Intelligence and Cyberdefense Enterprise Services (SPICES) Contract. The candidate must demonstrate applicable experience and certifications. Experience with Cybersecurity, to include Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Monitoring are required.
Specific work to be performed includes the following:
- Perform threat insight processes to provide analysis to support mitigation and remediation activities.
- Conduct incident handling in accordance with CJCSM 6510.01B; utilize AFSPC 9-Line Report format to relay incident details.
- Support SpOC ACCC Operational Planning Team (OPT) activities as required. This will include assisting with development of a process in response to cyberspace incidents and threats
- Comply with USCYBERCOM directions and task orders provided via AFCYBER, and SpOC AFFOR Communications Control Center (ACCC).
- Provide support for Vulnerability Management (VM) and Malware Protection (MP) activities outlined in the Evaluator Scoring Metrics (ESM), as well as support the appropriate organization conducting VAA Conduct intrusion analysis and correlation of unauthorized activities; provide recommendations to improve customer mitigation processes.
- Assess mission critical services and recommend Information Condition (INFOCON) level changes, Cyber Protection Condition (CPCON) level changes, and resiliency methods
- Provide recommendations and, if required, take corrective actions to mitigate potential vulnerabilities or threats IAW CJCSM 6510.01B
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and applications, adapt to changing tasks, requirements and architectures.
- Monitor government provided DCO tools and systems.
- Where single console, responsible for all site coordination with government, support team visits, and other Team AT&T roles as appropriate.
- Serve as Team AT&T liaison providing updates back to the PM, Deputy PM and other team members.
- Present positive Team AT&T appearance, engagement, and established relationship with the customer.
- Acting as the sole Team AT&T representative, promote routine contact/interaction with local leadership and organization personnel.
- Provide recommendations on tuning and maximizing capability of existing tools, while providing recommendations for other tools to increase capability.
- Analyze cyber incidents, correlate incident details and formulate response actions.
- Conduct after action processes to capture efforts taken to mitigate unauthorized actions.
- Participate in development of DCO Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Participate in development of DCO concept of operations, processes and procedures.
- Identify security discrepancies and report security incidents.
- Provide expert research and analysis in support of expanding programs and area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; write comprehensive studies; and maintain good working relationships.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; message distribution/retrieval programs; and Analyst Notebook.
- Prepare briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of USSF and SpOC.
- Invest time and effort to understand the mission systems, their architecture, functions and dependencies, assist with Functional Mission Analysis to increase the resilience of the system/s.
- Perform records management of sustainment related deliverables and documentation.
- Participate in customer exercises, after duty hours may be required.
- Ensure adherence to Government policies, master plans and schedules, and develop solutions to program problems.
- Accomplish all other tasks as assigned by Team AT&T leadership or Government personnel.
- 3 years’ experience in CSSP activities
- CSSP Certification per DoD 8570.07-M for CSSP Analyst or CSSP Incident Response categories
- Space Operations experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience
- Additional Cybersecurity certifications such as: CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISA, etc. a plus.
- As a representative of Team AT&T and USSF, must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, and initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
- Willingness to travel as required (note- will include both air and ground transportation).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.