Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a System Engineer Lead / Systems Administrator to support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DoD Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution.
- Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability and security of the SDN solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations are preserved
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to work independently
- Manage, maintain and synchronize multiple SDN environments (dev, test, pre-prod, prod) across multiple geographic locations
- Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production and production environments
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs
- Maintenance of the SDN solution, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS, conducting and testing regular backups, and monitoring and tuning of system and network performance
- Configuring, managing and maintaining the various components of the SDN solution (application servers, load balancers,
- databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Manage, track and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates, and hardware/software baseline
- Support SDN baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware
- Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and network performance parameters
- Interact with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
- Work with network engineers to troubleshoot network issues, as necessary
- Escalate support issues to vendors and other parties as necessary and coordinate resolution
- Access management including creation and management of user and service accounts
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Secret Clearance (#secret)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 5 years of overall related experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance
- Hold a current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) or higher
- Experience installing, managing and maintaining RHEL 7 Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience managing virtualized infrastructure in an VMware ESXi environment
- Experience applying DevOps concepts and tools to automate repetitive tasks and ensure baseline consistency across multiple environments
- Experience deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of complex software products across multiple environments
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network
- attached storage (NAS)
- Experience managing HP integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including managing Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience with PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing and maintaining replicated databases
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Windows Server experience
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.