Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Scope and responsibilities include:
Expert level technical professional. Trusted advisor on technical knowledge of the Customer and AT&T technologies and commercial best practices. Applies extensive technical expertise, and experience to real-world scenarios.
Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Guides the successful completion of projects impacting multiple programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Represents the organization as a technical subject matter expert on projects. Interacts in a customer-facing capacity with senior leadership on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Skills and qualifications:
- A passion to automate EVERYTHING!
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply breadth of experience and maturity to any given solution or scenario.
- Must have organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality work, customer service and high productivity.
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive proprietary information and personal identifiable information (PII).
- Hand-On experience with various scripting and/or coding automation techniques and languages, such as Python, BASH or YAML.
- Fluency in software development (but not a developer)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment delivering minimal viable product.
- Expert level hands-on experience with Common DevOps tools such as (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools (Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins etc.)
- Experience with database query, data manipulation and other forms of data analytics preferred.
- Experience and ability to lead projects; work individually on projects, as well as, a team player.
- Knowledge of various Software Defined Networking controllers and Orchestration tools such as Open Daylight, Cisco NSO.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
- Master’s degree from an accredited college with 5 years of professional experience, or bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Telecommunications, or Information Systems) from an accredited college with 7+ years of professional experience or prior military service or 10+ years related experience in public sector
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.