AT&T is seeking a Leader who will be instrumental in establishing and formalizing a DevOps methodology in the delivery and automation of solutions for a large DoD customer. You must be a professional systems architect able to work across multiple technology verticals with a vision of integrated wholistic solutions. This role is aimed to identify and develop automation to improve product delivery, process and solution quality. You will be required to articulate in detail, technical solutions to complex problems and gain support and endorsement across a variety of organizations and stake holders.
Scope and responsibilities include:
Knowledge: Expert level technical professional. Trusted advisor on technical knowledge of the Customer and AT&T technologies and commercial best practices. Applies extensive technical expertise, and experience to real-world scenarios.
Problem Solving: Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Discretion: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Impact: Guides the successful completion of projects impacting multiple programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Liaison: Represents the organization as a technical subject matter expert on projects. Interacts in a customer-facing capacity with senior leadership on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Asses and identify opportunities to automate tasks, processes and workflows. • Engage/collaborate with operations stakeholders to develop and validate functional requirements; control project schedules and deadlines.
• Responsible for discovering and identifying any bottlenecks or solution gaps such as manual process flows that can hinder services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution development, design, and construction phase.
• Consider the clients non-functional requirements such as security, scalability, resiliency, and performance in all solutions.
• Provide functional and behavioral requirements to software developers to produce high quality custom applications, reports and data dashboards for multiple communities of interest in an operations environment.
• develops integrated solutions between legacy and target state solutions
• define and design functional, technical, performance, and reliability solutions in line with client inferred requirements.
• Collaborate with external organizations to develop enhancements in a DevOps organizational structure. Participate in all phases of the solution to include design, implementation, Operations and Improvement cycles.
• Mentor and share expertise with Intermediate and associate personnel.
• Provide technical engineering support to all phases of network development, operation and management.
Skills and qualifications:
• A passion to automate EVERYTHING!
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply breadth of experience and maturity to any given solution or scenario.
• Must have organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• commitment to quality work, customer service and high productivity.
• Able to handle confidential/sensitive proprietary information and personal identifiable information (PII).
• Hand-On experience with various scripting and/or coding automation techniques and languages, such as Python, BASH or YAML.
• Fluency in software development (but not a developer)
• Experience working in a DevOps environment delivering minimal viable product.
• Expert level hands-on experience with Common DevOps tools such as (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools (Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins etc.)
• Experience with database query, data manipulation and other forms of data analytics preferred.
• Experience and ability to lead projects; work individually on projects, as well as, a team player.
• Knowledge of various Software Defined Networking controllers and Orchestration tools such as Open Daylight, Cisco NSO.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
• Master’s degree from an accredited college with 5 years of professional experience, or bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Telecommunications, or Information Systems) from an accredited college with 7+ years of professional experience or prior military service or 10+ years related experience in public sector
Work location: Ft. George Meade Md. Or St. Louis Metro (Scott AFB IL.)
Required Clearance: Active SECRET