Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Provide Tier III Application support on Linux and Solaris OS. Interacts with Tier II OSS Operations Staff to identify Systems administration inefficiency.
- Evaluates vendor products and custom developed solutions that address all systems administration aspects of the IT infrastructure
- Provides recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Duties can include establishing administrator and service accounts, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Provides escalation support on a M-F business hours schedule.
Scope and responsibilities include:
Applies extensive technical expertise, and experience to real-world scenarios.
Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment.
Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Must have excellent people and organizational skills to professionally interact with internal and external organizations. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts in a customer-facing capacity with senior leadership on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Interact with Application Owners and Operators to provide an optimal operating environment
• Establish trust within the operational community to address pain points.
• Engage/negotiate with operations stakeholders to develop software behavioral requirements; to be translated by software development into minimal viable product.
• Seek ways to automate and proactively improve the operational environment.
• Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling, etc.
• Detect and Resolve system problems, enhance system performance and reliability.
• Seek ways to automate patching and upgrading applications and OS’s to maintain STIG and security compliance.
• A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
• Strong speaking, listening, and writing skills are critical for presentations to varied audiences in terms non-technical leadership can understand.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Comfortable working with confidential /sensitive/ secret or proprietary information.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A passion to automate EVERYTHING!
• Experience in Server/system integration, automation, within large scale global OSS environments.
• Powerful Linux shell skills (bash scripting, output parsing, etc.)
• Expertise in Python or other scripting and automation languages a plus
• A thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP.
• Experience with both client and server hardware/software, management tools, storage technologies, enterprise networking, virtualization, and security technologies
• Experience and ability to lead projects; work individually on projects, as well as, a team player.
• Knowledge of storage solutions (SAN, NAS). Working knowledge of network appliances, firewalls, switches, and routers are a plus. Working knowledge of Oracle Database.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with 3 years of public sector experience, or 5 years related experience in Public Sector
• Linux+, RHCE or equivalent knowledge highly preferred
St. Louis Metro (Scott AFB IL.)
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.