Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The candidate will provide expert level technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements.
Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have voice or IP experience.
- Be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network performance and reliability.
- Conduct network testing, supervise technology insertion, and evaluate developmental systems and applications.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel.
- Support senior staff as required and ensure customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
- This is a temporary surge support position with potential for extension based on performance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: Member of the network team supporting DISA GSM-O program. Interfaces with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS, as well as other Leidos and subcontractor team members. Responsible for the network components used on the program with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required.
- Knowledge of IP principles
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
Active TS with ability to obtain SCI
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.