Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required.
- Knowledge of IP principles
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Military or related work experience may be substituted for education.
- IA 8570 Security + Required at Start
- JNCIP certification is desired
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services
- Proficiency in at two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or Junos Space
- Willing to travel.
Required Clearance: Active TS with ability to obtain SCI
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.