Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Assess and identify opportunities to automate tasks, processes and workflows.
- Engage/collaborate with operations stakeholders to develop and validate functional requirements; control project schedules and deadlines.
- Responsible for discovering and identifying any bottleneck gaps such as manual flows that can hinder the services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution, design, and construction phase.
- Consider the clients non-functional requirements such as security, scalability, resiliency, and performance in all solutions.
- Provide functional and behavioral requirements to software developers to produce high quality custom applications, reports and data dashboards for multiple communities of interest in an operations environment.
- Develops integrated solutions between legacy and target state solutions.
- Define and design functional, technical, performance, and reliability solutions in line with client inferred requirements.
- Collaborate with external organizations to develop enhancements in a DevOps organizational structure.
- Participate in all phases of the solution to include design, implementation, Operations and Improvement cycles.
- Expert knowledge of SNMP, RFC7011/5101, as well as RFC6812/8316.
- Expert knowledge of industry Element and Network Management systems highly desireable
- Specific knowledge of commercial products such as CA Performance Manager and IBM Network Operations Insights is highly desirable.
- The candidate shall be able to identify inefficiency in both processes and performance of tools, be required to articulate in detail, technical solutions to complex problems and gain support and endorsement of the customer and engineering staff.
- Experience performing proactive network monitoring via synthetic traffic modeling tools and techniques
- Expert Knowledge of SNMP, API’s, SSH, NETCONF
- Strong Data analytics and reporting expertise
- Synthetic traffic modeling and analysis highly desirable.
- Experience with SDN controllers and/or Orchestrators is a plus.
- Familiarity with popular DevOps tools such as (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium, or Jira), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
- Hands on Experience with CA eHealth/Performance Manager, IBM Tivoli Netcool, NOI highly desirable
- Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise architecture.
- Experience in scripting with Bash(sed/awk), Perl, YAML, Expect or other scripting languages
- Capable of performing complex tasks related to military operations at the Combatant Command staff level.
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
- Technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or prior military service with 5 years of public sector experience, or 10 years related experience in public sector.
St. Louis Metro (Scott AFB IL.)
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.