AT&T is looking for a Senior Engineer aimed to provide expertise in a service provider operation support system (OSS), to improve operations performance on a major U.S. Government contract. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging DevOps/Agile environment. You should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in the field of Network Performance Management.
Scope and responsibilities include:
Knowledge: Applies extensive technical expertise, and experience to real-world scenarios.
Problem Solving: Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Discretion: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Impact: Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Liaison: Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts in a customer-facing capacity with the customer and colleagues on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Asses and identify opportunities to automate tasks, processes and workflows. • Engage/collaborate with operations stakeholders to develop and validate functional requirements; control project schedules and deadlines.
• Responsible for discovering and identifying any bottleneck gaps such as manual flows that can hinder the services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution, design, and construction phase.
• Critical thinking skills, with the ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions.
• Consider the clients non-functional requirements such as security, scalability, resiliency, and performance in all solutions.
• Provide functional and behavioral requirements to software developers to produce high quality custom applications, reports and data dashboards for multiple communities of interest in an operations environment.
• develops integrated solutions between legacy and target state solutions.
• define and design functional, technical, performance, and reliability solutions in line with client inferred requirements.
• Collaborate with external organizations to develop enhancements in a DevOps organizational structure. Participate in all phases of the solution to include design, implementation, Operations and Improvement cycles.
Skills and qualifications:
• Expert knowledge of SNMP, RFC7011/5101, as well as RFC6812/8316.
• Expert knowledge of industry Element and Network Management systems highly desireable
• Specific knowledge of commercial products such as CA Performance Manager and IBM Network Operations Insights is highly desirable.
• The candidate shall be able to identify inefficiency in both processes and performance of tools, be required to articulate in detail, technical solutions to complex problems and gain support and endorsement of the customer and engineering staff.
• Experience performing proactive network monitoring via synthetic traffic modeling tools and techniques
• Expert Knowledge of SNMP, API’s, SSH, NETCONF
• Strong Data analytics and reporting expertise
• Synthetic traffic modeling and analysis highly desirable.
• Experience with SDN controllers and/or Orchestrators is a plus.
• Familiarity with popular DevOps tools such as (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium, or Jira), provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
• Hands on Experience with CA eHealth/Performance Manager, IBM Tivoli Netcool, NOI highly desirable
• Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise architecture.
• Experience in scripting with Bash(sed/awk), Perl, YAML, Expect or other scripting languages
• Capable of performing complex tasks related to military operations at the Combatant Command staff level.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; capable of preparing and presenting executive level briefings.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
• Technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or prior military service with 5 years of public sector experience, or 10 years related experience in public sector.
Work location: St. Louis Metro (Scott AFB IL.)
Required Clearance: Active SECRET