Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T is seeking a candidate to fill a Network Engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The candidate will need experience in hiring, training, certifying, and supporting a team of Network Engineering professionals in the 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical DoD communications networks. The ideal candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, Problem Management, network administration & maintenance. The ideal candidate will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN operational engineering globally. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. This position will require interaction on a daily basis with engineers and team leads of various skillsets to track independent projects and will be required to report up to the IP Engineering Manager and Customer to provide updated statuses regularly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional
- related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Splunk systems
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing
- Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers
- Experience with ports and protocols
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes
Active SECRET (#secret)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.