Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Actively compile, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring issues
- Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
- Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
- Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
- Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports Performs proactive analyses of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in a technical domain.
- Advanced knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- In depth technical understanding of network services and architecture
- Experience provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
- Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
- Ability to innovate
- Understanding of network operations
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.